ONiO is an exciting IoT company specializing in batteryless microcontrollers that run on ambient energy. We are about to launch our first product, ONiO.zero, and have made massive strides in just a few short years - from having an idea to being on the cusp of launching a wireless MCU that can power itself for years without batteries!
Our vision was a world where the raw power of modern semiconductor technology could be harnessed toward a healthier future. Hey, we get it - that might sound a bit too cheesy in a world where just about everyone is out to change the world. But true to our vision, we have built a specimen of the very cutting-edge modern internet technology that is oriented towards health and sustained well-being. It is a super-capable wireless semiconductor chip that can find application in pretty much any IoT-based application - precision farming, real-time health monitoring, wearables, smart clothing, well, you name it...
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Firmware Engineer to join our Hardware & Embedded team. As a Firmware Engineer at ONiO, you will be a key member of a small but dedicated team; you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the development of our products and projects. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining firmware for both internal and external projects and will have a strong voice in the direction of our firmware development.
- Design, develop and maintain firmware for a variety of products and projects
- Work closely with hardware engineers to ensure seamless integration of firmware and hardware
- Troubleshoot and debug firmware issues
- Write and maintain documentation for firmware and related processes
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and industry trends
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in firmware development
- Strong knowledge of C or C++ programming languages
- Experience with microcontroller programming and debugging
- Experience with version control systems
- Strong problem-solving skills
- You are an individual contributor as well as a team player
- Excellent English communication skills
We like to think it is our technology that will make you consider working for us, but there are other positives aspects of working for ONiO as well:
- Competitive salary and insurance, health & pension benefits
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Dynamic, fast-paced, diverse, and collaborative work environment
- The chance to work on cutting-edge technology and innovative projects
- Worklife balance and family-friendly
- Bonus Program
- Options Program
We don't believe that talent appears in square shapes or lists, so if your previous background or experience doesn't tick every box in the description or requirements, we still encourage you to apply for the role!
Location: Oslo or Trondheim